The Steilacoom Historical Museum Association serves the public by preserving local culture, thereby enabling present and future generations to learn about and maintain the heritage of the Town of Steilacoom.
● Educate the public about the Town’s historical significance and advocate the preservation of symbols of that significance,
● Operate a cluster of museums and collect, preserve and interpret materials that exemplify the history of Steilacoom, and thereby preserve the memories of longtime residents,
● Restore and maintain the Association’s historical structures,
● Present public and private events that celebrate Steilacoom’s characteristics and promote a sense of community,
● Follow sound and accountable financial practices,
● Carry out all objectives and activities in accordance with the Code of Ethics for Museums of the American Alliance of Museums.